- Step One: Convert your weight to kilograms by dividing by 2.2
- Step Two: Men and women between 31 and 60 years old should then multiply their weight in kilograms by 0.0484 then add 3.6535.
- Step Three: Multiple the total from step two by 240. This gives your basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- Step Four: Adjust for daily activity level. Multiple the BMR by 1.1 for mild daily activity, 1.3 for moderate daily activity, and by 1.5 for strenuous daily activity.
1. Pesticides on found on fruits and vegetables
2. Non-organic meat and dairy products tainted with dioxins
3. Fish that have high levels of mercury and pesticides
4. Bisphenol-A and phthalates in plastic beverage bottles, tablecloths, shower curtains, and plastic food wrappings, and plastic food storage containers
5. Unfiltered well water and city water
6. Household cleaning products, cosmetics, perfumes, dry cleaning, carpet, and vinyl floors
7. Furniture air fresheners, mattresses, and shampoos
Studies have shown that low-dose daily exposure to these chemicals can affect women’s health. These chemicals affect the hormonal system leading to such conditions as infertility, fibroids, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease and more.
Chemicals that build up in the body will start to affect a woman’s health if they are not removed. The basic principle behind detoxification is to remove the toxins stored in your body. This is done by releasing chemicals from fat tissue, organs and extracellular spaces that have been stored for years. Once they are released, they will re-enter the blood stream and will be metabolized through the liver. This is where it is critical to support liver phase-one and phase-two detoxification pathways. Next, the organs of elimination need to be supported to get the toxic byproducts produced from the liver out of the body.
The four steps in detoxification include mobilizing stored toxins, supporting liver metabolism, elimination from the body, and avoid re-exposure to chemicals in the environment. The first part of detoxification involves getting the stored toxins to be released back into the blood stream. Dr. Marchese explains detoxification in depth in her best-selling book “8 Weeks to women’s Wellness” The book is available at Naturopathic Family Care or online at Amazon.